In 1904 St. Mary’s was dedicated as the Cathedral of the new Fall River Diocese. It is the Mother church of the Diocese of Fall River. The Cathedral parish provides spiritual nourishment to the Roman Catholic population of downtown Fall River through the sacraments and God’s word. The Cathedral also hosts many important Diocesan liturgies throughout the year with Bishop da Cunha. A special fund has been started to continue to update and maintain this beautiful place of worship. Gifts to the Cathedral Fund support the upkeep and future renovation projects for the Cathedral.