We work and pray together for a successful future for the Diocese of Fall River. The promotion of vocations, the formation of future priests, and the support and ongoing care for all our priests are essential to help us remain strong. To help meet these needs, the Serving the Shepherds Fund was created to care for our seminarians, our active priests, and our retired priests in the diocese.
Gifts to the Serving the Shepherds Fund will be used to:
- Support the Cardinal Medeiros Residence, home to nearly 25 of our retired priests;
- Provide medical and dental insurance for retired priests and contribute to the clergy pension fund;
- Offer tuition, room, board, and medical insurance for our seminarians;
- Help the Office for Vocations guide men as they discern their unique calling;
- Fund the Director of Clergy Support Office which provides a diverse range of programs and ministers to priests at all stages of their priesthood.
Each year, diocesan collections to support these initiatives cover less than a quarter of their combined costs.
Our priests, past and present, have been there for our own milestones, administering every Sacrament. We celebrate many of our happiest moments with them and cry with them through the pain of loss. Our faith and relationship with God are nourished through their ministry, helping us grow and impact who we are. Priests have made a lifelong commitment, which is not just a job; it is a life. These holy men carry a tremendous responsibility as our spiritual shepherds, serving Christ, the Church, and our community. But priests are also trusted friends and extended members of our own families. Please consider helping sustain them in the work that God has called them to do through your prayers, kindness, and generosity at every stage of their journey. Thank you for your support!